Sunset Swim Center
Sunset Swim Center gets bond measure upgrades
Thanks to our 2008 voter-approved bond measure, Sunset Swim Center underwent structural improvements to make the center safer in the event of an earthquake.
Additionally, several capital improvements were made, including:
- Resurfacing the pool tank
- Replacing windows in spectator section & lower classroom
- Resurfacing halls & dressing room floors with non-skid coating
About Sunset Swim Center
Sunset Swim Center is a 25-yard pool offering all levels of swim instruction. Other programs include aquatic specialty and fitness classes, open swims and family swims.
- Average pool temperature is 85 degrees
- ADA Water/Aquatic lift available
- One-meter diving board
- Lap swim lane available most open hours
- Outdoor wading pool open during summer months
- Classroom available for rental
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-5 p.m.
Major Holidays: Closed
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 12:30-5:00 p.m.
January 21: Closed (MLK Day)
February 18: Closed (Presidents Day)
March 31: Closed (Easter)
May 27: Closed (Memorial Day)
Wading pool hours
The wading pool is now closed for the season. We will re-open the pool to the public Summer 2013.
*See weekly schedule for program times: www.thprd.org/schedules/schedule.cfm
This year we are closed on nationally recognized holidays, but not limited to include:
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Day after Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
- Day after New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Junior's Birthday
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
Brian Powers, Center Supervisor
Lisa Wentworth-Plato, Program Coordinator II
Heath Wright, Program Coordinator II
Patty Remmers, Receptionist
Sharon Hoffmeister, Superintendent of Aquatics
Water Exercise Fitness Scale 1-5
- Zero to very low intensity in the water. Level one classes are relaxation classes. Focus on breathing, meditation and range of movement. No experience needed, acceptable for all fitness levels.
- Low to moderate intensity. Focus is on stretching, range of motion, and balance. No experience needed, acceptable for all fitness levels.
- Moderate Intensity. Focus is on range of motion, stretching, and low aerobic activity. Great program for those new or returning to exercise.
- Moderate to high intensity. Focus is on range of motion, stretching, and medium aerobic activity.
- High intensity. Focus on strength, range of motion, and building aerobic activity. This will include 30-40 minutes of aerobic activity.
Aquatics Water Exercise Program Descriptions
* All exercise classes are 55 minutes long unless otherwise specified. The programs below are part of our fitness program fee structure.
Shallow Water Aerobics
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:00-9:00 a.m.
A shallow-water aerobic exercise class for a low-impact exercise experience utilizing resistance in all directions for a total body workout.
Intensity level 3-4
Deep Water Aerobics
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Tuesday/Thursday 7:00-8:00 a.m.
A fitness class held in the deep end of the pool. You must be comfortable in deep water. This class uses a flotation belt for a non-impact exercise experience utilizing resistance in all directions for a total body workout. Intensity level 3-4
Need a fresh new location for your next birthday party, small meeting or gathering? We have two pools and a classroom available for rent so you can customize the event.
(Important note: prices quoted on this page are for in-district residents, and for out-of-district residents with a currently paid out-of-district assessment fee. Out-of-District patrons who have not paid their assessment fee will charged at double the rate.)
During our normal business hours, the classroom is available for $31.00 per hour. If you would like to use the classroom after hours, the cost is $37.00 per hour, this includes the 2 staff required.
The pool is available for rentals after scheduled hours (or call us at 503/629-6315 to inquire about other times). The rental fee is $117.50 per hour. The price includes the two-lifeguard minimum. If additional lifeguards are needed for your event, the fee is $19.00 per hour per lifeguard. The number of lifeguards required depends on your number of participants. Please note that spectators to the event counts in the number of participants:
- 1-25 participants: two lifeguards (included in the base price of rental)
- 26-50 participants: three lifeguards
- 51-75 participants: four lifeguards
- 76 participants to capacity (120): five lifeguards
Wading Pool (June 17-Sept.1)
If you'd like to rent our wading pool, the fee is $76 per hour. The price includes the required two-guard minimum. It is available after scheduled hours (or call us to inquire about other times).
- 1-25 participants: two lifeguards (included in the minimum rental fee).
- 26 participants to 50 (capacity): three lifeguards (additional lifeguard fee will apply).
Other Important Information
A refundable damage deposit of $100 is due at the time of rental reservation.
A rental application must be completed and submitted to the facility before the rental may be confirmed.
Tri-Met bus No. 62 provides service to the facility.