Sunset Swim Center
About Sunset Swim Center
Sunset Swim Center is a 25-yard pool offering all levels of swim instruction. Other programs include senior swim, fitness classes, specialized aquatics, open swims and family swims. We also host two highschool water polo and swimming teams.
- Average pool temperature is 85 degrees
- ADA Water/Aquatic lift available
- One-meter diving board
- Lap swim lane available most open hours
- Outdoor wading pool open during summer months
- Classroom available for rental
Monday/Wednesday: 7:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-5:00 p.m.
Major Holidays: Closed
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:15 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-4:30 p.m.
Holiday hours and closures
- July 4, 2014: Closed for Independence Day.
- September 1, 2014: Closed for Labor
Wading pool hours
The wading pool is currently closed for the season. The first day for the Wading Pool will be on Monday June 16, 2014. The schedule is as follows:
Monday-Friday: 12:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
*See weekly schedule for program times: www.thprd.org/schedules/schedule.cfm
Ame Schwisow, Aquatic Program Coordinator
Patty Remmers, Lead Receptionist
Sharon Hoffmeister, Superintendent of Aquatics
Water Exercise Fitness Scale 1-5
- Zero to very low intensity in the water. Level one classes are relaxation classes. Focus on breathing, meditation and range of movement. No experience needed, acceptable for all fitness levels.
- Low to moderate intensity. Focus is on stretching, range of motion, and balance. No experience needed, acceptable for all fitness levels.
- Moderate Intensity. Focus is on range of motion, stretching, and low aerobic activity. Great program for those new or returning to exercise.
- Moderate to high intensity. Focus is on range of motion, stretching, and medium aerobic activity.
- High intensity. Focus on strength, range of motion, and building aerobic activity. This will include 30-40 minutes of aerobic activity.
Aquatics Water Exercise Program Descriptions
* All exercise classes are 55 minutes long unless otherwise specified. The programs below are part of our fitness program fee structure.
Shallow Water Aerobics
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:05-9:00 a.m.
A shallow-water aerobic exercise class for a low-impact exercise experience utilizing resistance in all directions for a total body workout.
Intensity level 3
Shallow-water Aerobics: Strength and Flexibility
Tuesday/Thursday 8:05-9:00 a.m.
Low-Impact/Arthritis is designed around a shallow-water format but more excercises are focused around reduction of stress on joints. The class will also focus on strength training for many muscle groups.
Intensity level: 2-3
Deep Water Aerobics
Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:05-9:00 a.m.
A fitness class held in the deep end of the pool. You must be comfortable in deep water. This class uses a flotation belt for a non-impact exercise experience utilizing resistance in all directions for a total body workout.
Intensity level: 4
Need a fresh new location for your next birthday party, small meeting or gathering? We have two pools and a classroom available for rent so you can customize the event.
(Important note: prices quoted on this page are for in-district residents, and for out-of-district residents with a currently paid out-of-district assessment fee. Out-of-District patrons who have not paid their assessment fee will charged at double the rate.)
During our normal business hours, the classroom is available for $33.00 per hour. If you would like to use the classroom after hours, the cost is $53.00 per hour, this includes the staff members required for the building rental.
The pool is available for rentals after scheduled hours (or call us at 503/629-6315 to inquire about other times). The rental fee is $129.00 per hour. The price includes the two-lifeguard minimum. If additional lifeguards are needed for your event, the fee is $20.00 per hour per lifeguard. The number of lifeguards required depends on your number of participants. Please note that spectators to the event counts in the number of participants:
- 1-25 participants: two lifeguards (included in the base price of rental)
- 26-50 participants: three lifeguards
- 51-75 participants: four lifeguards
- 76 participants to capacity (120): five lifeguards
Wading Pool (June-September 2014)
If you'd like to rent our wading pool, the fee is $80 per hour. The price includes the required two-guard minimum. It is available after scheduled hours (or call us to inquire about other times).
- 1-25 participants: two lifeguards (included in the minimum rental fee).
- 26 participants to 50 (capacity): three lifeguards (additional lifeguard fee will apply).
Other Important Information
A refundable damage deposit of $100 is due at the time of rental reservation.
A rental application must be completed and submitted to the facility before the rental may be confirmed.
Tri-Met bus No. 62 provides service to the facility.
This page was last updated on Tuesday July 08 2014 at 2:13 PM.