Welcome to THPRD
Happy Thanksgiving! Please note our holiday hours
We wish you all a wonderful long weekend with enough friends, family and food to keep you wrarm. Because of the holiday, our Administration Office will be closed Nov. 27-28. Some THPRD facilities are open Friday. >>Complete THPRD holiday hours
- Extra incentive! Friday-Sunday, provide two non-perishable food donations for Oregon Food Bank, and we'll waive drop-in fees.
Winter registration begins on Saturday, Dec. 13
Keep your eyes peeled for the 2015 Winter/Spring activities guide -- now available online -- at THPRD facilities by mid-November.
The guide details several Jan. 1 changes you'll be hearing a lot more about, including:
- The new Deluxe Pass -- including child care -- that makes group fitness better than ever.
- A new 10% military discount and other changes in youth and senior discount policies.
- A new policy to make it more affordable for non-residents to participate in THPRD programs.
Redeveloped Cedar Mill Park now open to public
Cedar Mill Park has reopened following redevelopment and natural resource enhancements funded by the 2008 bond measure.
The 5-acre park had been closed since early June for renovations that include new tennis courts, sports fields, trails and play equipment
2013-14 report charts progress of bond measure
A new annual report from the Citizen Bond Oversight Committee tracks recent progress of the 2008 Bond Measure.
The committee charts the district's "steady progress," noting that a majority of proceeds have been spent or committed.
At holiday time, THPRD lends support to those in need
We invite you to join us in supporting those in need during the holiday season. Support the Oregon Food Bank by dropping off non-perishable items at any THPRD location, Nov. 24-Dec. 19.
Nov. 28-30: free drop-in admission with donation of two non-perishable food items.
In December, "wishing stars" will appear on our giving trees; donate new, unwrapped gifts to families identified by local non-profits.
Jenkins Estate now a destination for urban gardeners
Thanks to a partnership with OSU Master Gardeners, historic Jenkins Estate is the site of a new learning garden.
Novice gardeners can visit the site each Thursday to learn from volunteer horticulture experts and to gain inspiration from several specialty gardens.
- OregonLive: Empty field at JE blossoms into learning garden
THPRD seeking input on several policies and plans
The district is currently reviewing policies and procedures related to a number of topics, including advisory committees and the Family Assistance Program.
Functional plans are being developed to guide how THPRD acquires, builds and maintains parks, trails, natural areas and athletic fields. We encourage public input in the process.
- Board approves new procedures: patron discounts l non-resident fees.
- Want to learn more or provide input? Visit our section on the recent Comprehensive Plan Update.
District meeting schedule
- Nov. 25: Audit Committee Meeting HMT Recreation Complex
- Dec. 8: Regular meeting of the THPRD Board of Directors
- Click here to access the full list of board and committee meetings.
This page was last updated on Tuesday November 25 2014 at 4:36 PM.