For more information please contact Kyle Kotchik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-629-6330.
Looking for something a little different? With or without the kids, take a trip to our nine-hole disc golf course located at Greenway Park off Hall Boulevard. For you professionals, review the map course link on the right side of this page and go have fun. If you're a beginner, here are some basics of the sport:
Objective of the game
- To earn the lowest score.
- Who goes first can be determined by mutual agreement or by flipping discs (printed side is heads).
- For all subsequent holes, the player with the lowest score on the previous hole goes first.
- A marker disc (such as a mini-disc) should be used to mark each throw.
- Place the marker where the disc landed, pick up the disc and continue playing.
- Place your "plant" foot close to the front line of the tee. Never place your foot over the line or more than one foot behind the line.
- Remember to follow through with your throw (step past the marker disc after throwing).
- Falling forward to keep your balance after a putt is not allowed. This is called a falling putt.
What to avoid
- Avoid water, your disc will sink!
- If your disc lands in a tree, this adds one point to your score and you must complete a penalty throw.
- If your disc lands out of bounds, place your marker inbounds and in line with the out-of-bounds disc. This also results in a penalty throw.
Completion of hole
- A disc that comes to rest in the basket or chains is a successful completion of that hole.
Have fun and be safe!
This page was last updated on Thursday February 13 2014 at 7:45 AM.