Residents who live and/or own property within THPRD boundaries support the park and recreation services through their property taxes. Therefore, THPRD offers early registration and lower program costs to district residents.
If you are not sure whether you are a resident, check your property tax bill, or call us at 503/645-6433 and we will help you determine your residency status.
Obtaining a THPRD ID card
A valid THPRD ID card is required for all program and activity registrations. Cards are free; replacement cards are $5.
A Registrant Information form is available online or at any THPRD facility.
Completed forms may be brought to any THPRD facility (with required identification) for processing.
At the time of your application, we will verify your residency. To help us expedite this process please bring a valid Oregon driver's license, Oregon identification card, or DMV receipt PLUS one of the following items (current, and with your address printed on it):
- Property tax statement
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water)
- Insurance card
- Bank or credit card statement
- Lease agreement
Cards are valid for three years to homeowners and one year to renters/others. THPRD reserves the right to verify residency without notice. In-district privileges may be withheld until residency can be verified.
Adult sports league "photo" identification cards are obtained in person at the Tualatin Hills Athletic Center ONLY. The Athletic Center is located at 50 NW 158th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006.
Live Out-of District?
People living outside the district boundaries are welcome and encouraged to enjoy the activities and services provided by THPRD. To do so, they must choose from among three options below.
The voluntary annexation program allows patrons within the Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD) service area to annex their property without having to go through the rigorous and costly jurisdictional process. This one-time process will add you to our taxpayer base and allow you to enjoy "in-district" benefits.
Resident Assessment Fee
An annual fee of $320 (or $80 quarterly fee) will be assessed to out-of-district individuals or households who wish to register and/or participate in THPRD classes and programs. Those who pay the assessment will receive in-district rates on all classes, programs, drop-in programs, and passes.
Quarterly/Annual Assessment Fee schedule
|Annual Assessment Fee
||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Quarterly Assessment Fee
||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
- Out-of-district residents may pay the annual assessment fee annually, or on a quarterly basis as they register for classes or programs.
- Out-of-district residents are ineligible to receive discounts provided to in-district seniors, youth, miliary families and patrons with special needs.
- Participation in all youth/adult sports leagues, including affiliate programs, requires payment of quarterly or annual assessment fee.
- District residents shall maintain priority registration for classes and programs. Typically, out-of-district registration begins 48 hours after registration opens for district residents.
- Assessment fees can now be paid online. After logging on to myTHPRD, please click Assessments.
Pay Per Class 25% Premium
New in 2015. In lieu of voluntary annexation or payment of assessment fees, an out-of-district patron may opt to pay a 25% premium for each class, drop-in activity, fitness pass or activity. This option may not be used for facility rentals or affiliated sports leagues.
This page was last updated on Tuesday January 06 2015 at 3:27 PM.